Nysc Corps members are at the verge of going into the labour market.Hence, it is important that youth corpers equip themselves with safe work practices through quality HSE training.
WHY HSE TRAINING?
The health, safety and environmental (HSE) course is tailored to give participants the requisite knowledge in work place hazard identification and control.In addition NYSC participants will be issued an internationally recognized HSE certificate at a discounted fee.
4 Days (or 2 weekends) and an extra day for the certification examination
What will I study?
- Principles of health and safety
- Understanding the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- HSE policies and regulations in Nigeria
- Hazard identification and control measures
- The importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understanding unsafe acts and unsafe conditions as the main causes of harm to workers(manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understanding the hierarchy of controls to eliminate or reduce hazards to acceptable level
- Understanding the relations between companies and host communities
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety (Ergonomics)
- Contributing to health and safety management system
- Fire prevention/fire fighting techniques (practical demonstration)
- Risk assessment & disaster management techniques (practical demonstration)
- Understanding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace
- Workplace security
- Industrial safety analysis and management
- Understanding the elements of hse management systems viz HSG 65, OHSAS 18001 and ILO-OSH 2001
- Introduction to occupational health and industrial hygiene
- Appreciate the importance of accident investigation and reporting
- Understanding environmental issues (such as pollution, oil spills, EIA, waste management, etc) and sustainable development
- Introduction to emergency first aid (practical demonstration)
- Multiple choice question paper
What are the entry requirements?
A valid NYSC ID Card.
How much will it cost to enrol for the program?
N27,000 only. This covers registration, course manuals, HSE Videos, Notepad, Refreshment, Examination and internationally recognized World Safety Organization (WSO) certificates.
What qualification will I get?
General and Advanced HSE (Level 1,2&3) International Certificates.
Are the certificates accredited and recognized?
Yes, the certificates are internationally recognized and accredited by the World Safety Organization (WSO).
• HSETrain International (RC 1514909) is an accreditated WSO hse training center in Nigeria. Accreditation No: 0464 ( Click to verify)
We are also accreditated by:
• The National Industrial Safety Council of Nigeria (NISCN). Accreditation No: 10203( Click to verify)
• The Nigeria Red Cross Society. Accreditation No: Rv0005575 ( Click to verify)We are affiliated to other international organizations, such as:
• QRO Certification LLP (Click to verify)
• TVE International Certification (Pvt) Ltd (Click to verify)
• Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) | International Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA)(Click to verify our affialiates)
Where can I locate the nearest Hse training center in Nigeria?We have centers in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Asaba, Kaduna, Enugu, Warri, Yenagoa, and other statesAn email or sms, with venue of training and other details, will be sent to you after registration.
How can I register to join the next batch?